POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How I made the Maze Ball Image. : How I made the Maze Ball Image. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  How I made the Maze Ball Image.
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 19 Jul 2000 00:35:31
Message: <397530D0.859D1020@home.com>
Since a number of you have asked how I made that image here is a very
rough description.

What I did was I downloaded a Maze making program off the internet,
these just make 2D mazes. Then I saved the images and went into
Photoshop to play with the image, adding Gausian Blurring until I got a
good heightfield image. Then I saved it as a TGA file and went into
HF-Lab, there I previewed the image and saved it. Then I used Orb-Cyl to
take the TGA heighfield to map it around a sphere. I used RAW output.
Then I opened the RAW file in Rhino 3D and exported Moray/Povray UDO/INC
files.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/